NO TIME TO GO TO THE SALON?
DO YOUR OWN FACIALS, IT IS JUST AS EFFECTIVE
Facials are usually done in the salon but you can do this equally well at home.
If you are keen on doing it yourself, here are step by step instructions. Try it once a month for deeper cleansing and you will begin to see improvements in your skin tone. It will make a difference to your complexion.
There are essentially 6 steps. Before beginning, remove your make-up.
Use a non-lathering, creamy cleanserPremier Dead Sea Milk Cleanser – CL.
- Apply the cleansing cream over your face.
- Massage in circular movements over the face and neck.
- Leave it on for a few minutes to dissolve dirt, grime, stale make-up and oils.
- Gently wipe off with cotton pads. Do not drag the sensitive skin around the eyes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Steaming hydrates and softens the skin. It will help to soften the plugs that cause whiteheads and blackheads.
After steaming, the whiteheads and blackheads can be more easily removed with a mask.
Use the following steps to do steaming at home.
- Drape a towel over your head.
- Fill a sink or wash basin with hot boiling water.
- Lean over the top of the basin (about 20 cm away) to capture the steam.
- Do this for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Pat the face dry with a clean tissue or soft towel.
- Cover your fingers with tissue paper before removing any blackheads, gently.
Do you have broken veins or sensitive skin? Skip this step.
Electric facial steamers can also be used.
ScrubsJericho Deep Pore Foaming Facial Scrub contain abrasives in a cream or detergent base. They will scrub away accumulated dead cells that make the skin appear dull and lusterless. This will leave your face softer and smoother.
If you have acne or oily skins, use scrubs that are formulated in a detergent base.
Those for dry skin are formulated in a creamy base with some added oils.
Use warm water to make your face damp.
Massage the face gently with a blob of scrub using your fingertips. Do this in circular motions for about 1 – 2 minutes. Avoid the eye area where the skin is delicate.
Rinse with warm water.
Skip this step if you have broken veins.
The next step is to use an Exfoliating maskJericho Exfoliating Facial Mask. Do you have oily skin? Choose a clay maskSeacret Enriched Facial Mud Mask.
Do you have a normal or dry skin? Choose a moisturizing one.
- Smooth on your chosen face mask.
- Leave the mask on for about 15 – 30 minutes. Check the instructions specified on the product. You should follow the length of time as given.
- Lie down after applying the mask and relax. You can apply cool eye pads if you like.
- Use warm water to rinse away the mask.
- To finish, splash some cool water. This will help to close the skin’s pores and refresh the face.
- Use a soft towel to pat the skin dry.
Do you have dry skin? Choose a mild alcohol-free tonerMadara Deep Comfort Toner (dry to very dry skin).
Pour some facial toner onto a cotton pad.
Smooth over the skin. Pay attention to oily areas, in particular the T-zone on the forehead, chin and nose.
The last step is to apply an appropriate moisturizer.
- Dot some moisturizers on your skin.
- Smooth it over the skin.
- Massage slowly with circular movements your skin. This will boost blood circulation resulting in a brighter complexion and reducing puffiness.
- Apply a small amount of eye cream around the eyes.
- Gently pat it in with your ring finger. The tapping action helps relieve puffy eyelids and also stimulates the acupressure points around the eyes.