THE AIM OF OILY SKIN CARE
IS TO KEEP THE OIL PRODUCTION AND ACNE UNDER CONTROL
Do you have oily skin? Give it the most gentle oily skin care routine.
The characteristics of an oily skin are an oily skin surface and open pores. It has a tendency to have outbreaks of acne, blackheads and pimples.
Oily skin usually has an unhealthy and sallow appearance. The over-active sebaceous glands cause excessive production of oil or sebum. This is the skin type that is most prone to acne.
Be gentle and do not treat oily skin types too harshly. Over-enthusiastic treatment will over-stimulate the sebaceous glands. It will encourage the sebaceous glands to generate more sebum. However the surface layers of the skin remain dehydrated and dry.
The best oily skin care routine is to make use of skin care products that will gently cleanse oils from the surface of the skin and unclogged pores. At the same time it should not damage or cause the skin to dry out.
The part of the skin that is visible needs water, not oil. Water will help it to remain supple and soft.
Boosting your skin’s moisture levels and controlling excess oil will ensure a beautiful clear complexion.
- Aloe Vera Moisture Cleanser, 1 oz
- Moroccan Rose Facial Toner, 1 oz
- Gentle Aloe Facial Scrub, 1 oz
- High Performance AHA, 1/8 oz
- Daily Solar Protective Moisturizer 30, 1/4 oz
- Daytime Nutritional Moisturizer, 1/4 oz
- Italian Tomato Leaf Mud Masque, 1/4 oz
An inexpensive way for you to try out the products before buying them in larger size. Packaged in a handy key ring tote, you can use this as a travelling kit too.
If you have oily skin, you would be more prone to acne. Acne is distressing. Some other factors that trigger acne are:
- Genetic, as in it runs in some families
- Change in hormonal levels during adolescence – this results in excessive production of sebum
- Poor skin care
- Poor lifestyle
Careful oily skin care will help with acne control. Do not pick at your pimples. This can cause permanent scarring.
Here are some use acne treatments for your consideration. Use OTC acne medicines. Today’s formulations contain ingredients that are very successful at treating this skin problem.
There are skin care products with tea tree oil. These have proven very effective in treating acne.
If these aren’t successful, consult your doctor who may be able to prescribe some stronger acne medicines or refer you to a skin specialist or dermatologist.
Looking for skin care products that will help you to take care of your oily skin and control your acne problems? Try this Acne Be Gone! Kit and incorporate the products into your oily skin care routine. It helps to naturally relieve the symptoms of acne, gets rid of dirt and bacteria without overdrying and leaves skin more clear, smooth and attractive. Products included in the Acne Be Gone! Kit:
- 2 Adovia Mud Soaps
If you are suffering from acne, you need a soap that is not too harsh so that it doesn’t irritate your skin, but also one that will dry and remove acne blemishes. Our Dead Sea Mud Soap helps to treat acne by using natural minerals carefully extracted from Dead Sea water and mud. This mud soap also effectively removes dirt, bacteria and impurities, thereby reducing the chances of further outbreaks. Contains natural oils that moisturize the skin without leaving it oily.
- Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts for Acne TreatmentUse our 100% Natural facial salts to improve your complexion, refresh and firm your skin while leaving it cleansed and toned. Adovia fine grain Facial Salts are uniquely formulated to gently exfoliate acne prone skin while removing oil and bacteria known to clog pores and cause skin to look dull. These salts will infuse your skin with Dead Sea minerals while removing dead skin cells, leaving your face radiant, smooth and refreshed. Pores are tightened and circulation is increased, leaving a firmer, suppler complexion. Great for oily and acne prone skin.
- Adovia Mineral Facial TonerRefresh and firm your skin with Adovia’s Alcohol Free Mineral Toner which is formulated to refine the pores and stimulate the skin without drying or flakiness. A perfect finish to your daily cleansing routine, Adovia Toner is a refreshing splash of minerals. It’s formulated with a patented active complex of Aloe Vera and natural Dead Sea Minerals to enhance the skin’s natural pH balance and leave it refreshed and supple. This mineral toner tightens pores, rebalances the skin’s pH, and removes unwanted shine.
- Adovia Purifying Mud MaskPerfect for removing oil and toxins in Acne Prone skin – this unique Purifying Mud Mask gives your complexion a refreshed and radiant appearance. Formulated with Dead Sea Black Mud and Bees Wax, this all-natural acne treatment mask boosts cell renewal, revitalizes your skin and minimizes the pores. An all natural combination of Pro-Vitamins B5 and E rejuvenates and refreshes your skin.
The Acne Relief Combo is the smaller version of our famous Acne Be Gone Kit. This kit includes the basics that you need for natural acne treatment and relief. If you are unsure, try this and see the relief that it brings to your oily and acne prone skin before you get the Acne Be Gone Kit.
There are 4 basic steps in the oily skin care routine.
REMOVE EYE MAKE-UP
The 1st step in your oily skin care routine is to remove eye make-up.
While most areas around the face are oily, the skin that is around the eyes tends to be more dry and delicate.
- Soak some cotton wool with an eye make-up remover that is non-oily.
- Hold the cotton wool over the eyes. Leave it for a few moments. This will enable it to dissolve and remove the make-up that is on the eyelids, lower and upper lashes.
Are your using ordinary mascara or waterproof mascara? Choose appropriate products designed for the removal of the type of eye make-up that you are using. Adovia Eye Makeup Remover quickly and gently remove waterproof eye makeup without causing any irritations. It leaves a refreshingly gentle feeling as the rich and soothing moisturizer melts into the skin.
The 2nd and most important step in your oily skin care routine is facial cleansing.
- Splash tepid water on your face
- Use a good facial cleanser and work up a good lather. Avoid using ordinary soap which will strip away your skin’s moisture. It will dissolve and remove the dirt, grime and oil accumulated throughout the day.
- Using your fingertips, massage gently over damp skin
- Carefully rinse with a lot of warm water.
Choose appropriate skin care products designed for your skin type.
If you have oily and acne prone skin, try the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Soap. It gently cleanses away oil, bacteria and dirt particles, leaving the skin purified, detoxified and fully cleansed. Enriched with century old Dead Sea mud, it removes dirt and cleanses your skin, while simultaneously infusing it with minerals essential to keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized. This soap has been found effective at relieving acne.
The 3rd step in your oily skin care routine is facial toning.
- Soak some cotton wool an astringent lotion.
- Wipe over the whole skin. This will provide refreshing and cools the face. Continue until the cotton wool is completely clean.
Does the toner irritates or stings your face? Yes, switch to a product with a gentler formulation.
Alternatively, dilute your existing toner with some distilled water. Distilled water should be available from the local pharmacist.
Adovia Dead Sea Mineral Facial Toner is formulated with a patented active complex of Aloe Vera and natural Dead Sea Minerals to enhance the skin’s natural pH balance and leave it refreshed and supple. A perfect finish to your daily cleansing routine, it will tightens your pores, refreshes and tones your skin and removes unwanted shine.
The 4th step in your oily skin care routine is moisturizing.
Oily skins do need a moisturizer too. Choose a moisturizer that is gentle and light. It will help to keep the moisture level in the uppermost layers of the skin. Water helps to keep the face supple and soft.
As part of your oily skin care routine, choose a moisturizer that is made of light and watery fluid. Do not choose a thick moisturizer.
Allow the skin to absorb the moisturizer for a few moments. Use a clean tissue and press it over your face to absorb the excess moisturizer. This will help to prevent a glossy or shiny complexion. The way to take care of oily skin is by improving your skin’s moisture levels and controlling any excess oil.
Choose appropriate skin care products designed for your skin type.
Madara Deep Moisture Gel is an extra light emulsion that is oil free. It is really suitable for oily skin as it eeply hydrates, firms, and regulates excess sebum. It nourishes your skin with natural plant vitamins, minerals, bioflavonoids and other biologically active substances.